I assumed the lease on a 2011 Toyota Corolla.I now want to get rid of this car as I am relocating for work and will not need a car.

I was told by the leasing company that the lease can only be transfered once. This was NEVER made clear to me or to the original lessee. It is not public information available on their website. It is not included in any of the paperwork that the leasing company asked me to sign.

When I called to ask about how this could be considered a good business practice/even legal!, the customer service rep responded that "that's just what the policy is." How can you make people abide by your policies without making them known when people sign a contract?

This seems highly illegal.I plan to report this to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Review about: Southeast Toyota Finance Leasing.

Had an Experience with Southeast Toyota Finance?

Comments

SETFCustomerExperience
Southeast Toyota Finance Verified Representative

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. I would be happy to review your account and go over any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

K. Perdue

Southeast Toyota Finance

1-800-267-0855 ext. 1107563

I find it difficult to believe that the fine print does not spell out this policy.There is a lot of fine print.

When should you lease a car?NEVER