Southeast Toyota Finance is World Omni

Southeast Toyota Finance is a front for World Omni Finance located in Deerfield Beach, FL.It is part of JM Family Enterprises.

I wanted to pay off the loan on my car and I insisted on getting a real address because I was shipping the check overnight via UPS. The real address where they process the loan payments is 6150 Omni Park Drive, Mobile, AL 36609. Their 800 number is picked up in India.

When I spoke with them they did not want to give me a real address, but I insisted because I said I was going to require a signature to prove when it was received.

review #117788
34 1 Helpful?
Had the same issue0 Comments68
Had an experience with Southeast Toyota Finance?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 24, 2014 #808712

I just turned in my Prius I leased thru these buZzards. I made every payment early. No damages. Pristine condition. And didn't even come near the mileage limit. They told me the would waive the 350 dollar disposition fee. If I bought another Toyota. I did. Not to mention the fact that my husband has been a dedicAted employee for nearly 30 years. I get a bill yesterday for nearly 900 dollars. Disposition fee plus some eff'd up inflated tax Finally they dropped the dispos fee. Which is btw ripping you. New ***. No other co charges this. And to boot. The tAxes on the Prius were only about 200 for the whole frickin year. !!! I will never ever finance nor lease from these thieves ever again. This has soured me. I should hAve gotten every *** mile out of it I could. So much for loyalty. :x

Aug 13, 2013 #699297

You can also go to bbb.org and scambook.com to file complaints. BBB page says none have been filed against World Omni. I think we should change that!

Aug 13, 2013 #699294

I found a website called peopleclaim.com where claims and complaints can be filed against world omni. Anyone heard of it?

Aug 13, 2013 #699280

I have also been having a very bad experience with World Omni/Southeast Toyota. Our truck had to filed under a bankruptcy after paying on it for two years. We had no late payments. We just recently paid off our bankruptcy earlier than scheduled. Our truck had already been paid off before anything else. But because World Omni had NOT sent the claim release form like they were suppose to, when we paid the bankruptcy off the trustee sent ANOTHER check for the payoff to World Omni. I have contacted them and my bankruptcy lawyer has contacted them. I personally, always get the run-around, no definite answer song and dance! My lawyer and trustee say, by law, they are required to return the check. They have confirmed that they received the check but have no idea when it will be sent back to the trustee as that is an accounting issue. I asked to speak to someone in accounting and was told "That is not allowed." I even tried calling the corporate office in florida and STILL got the song and dance routine! I've been sitting here for six months with no vehicle (truck was totaled) because of waiting on that check to be returned! NEVER EVER is it a good idea to do business with these people. In my opinion, they don't care one bit about the customers they get their money from. They just care about the money!

Tom F

Jul 31, 2013 #690801 West Palm Beach, Florida

I have the same issues... It has been going on since 2007!! I've contacted SETF multiple times and also Experian, Equifax, Transunion. I am trying to buy a house and SETF has incorrect information and posting information on my accounts. No one at SETF has returned calls and will address the issue. No response..

I would also be interested if anyone was doing a class action against them LET ME KNOW!

Ownitoutright

Jun 10, 2013 #663011 Mobile, Alabama

Misinformed. That is my final, overall feeling that I am left with from SETF. I have paid for my car in full and 35 days later, no title. When you are dealing with someone's money, you, indirectly are dealing with their emotions. And when YOU make a mistake regarding your customers money, you should be able to deal with that mistake in a compassionate manner. Also, a car's title should have to be legally sent through certified mail. Maybe not YOUR problem to fix but it would take the responsibility off of SETF when you "lose the title in the mail".

SETFCustomerExperience

Jun 11, 2013 #663169

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would be happy to review your account to see if I am able to assist you regarding this matter. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

SETF Customer Experience

Oct 24, 2012 #559462

Jessica,
I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. I am interested to hear more about your situation. Please give me a call at your convenience.

SETF Customer Experience

Oct 24, 2012 #559458

Jessica,

Jessica

Oct 23, 2012 #559217

I have had my car through this company for a year and a half. Have had 2 late payments but have paid full amount dew just on following month. I think this company purposely employes people with nasty attitudes or trains them to be rude :( really wish I could switch company's, I understand it's a business and they want there money on time but as a human I still like to be treated as such. And let's be reall they make more money if were late with the payments anyway. Really wish I has not even called the company to explain at this point.

Jessica

Oct 23, 2012 #559216

Feb 10, 2014 #783928 Gadsden, Alabama

I second that one...I saw this comment was 2 years old...they haven't changed!!!!!I have never seen such a hard company to deal with... NEVER, EVER, WILL I EVER use these people again to buy anything...they have no tact, no remorse, uncaring and hire people who will not even shut up long enough to let you explain a situation and a need for assistance in setting up a payment date that can coincide with your employment's pay date...they will harass you within five days of your due date...and they are not nice at all when they call...I have had many loans and never have I been dissatisfied as much as I have with these people and their "customer service".
The guy calling me asked me if I could borrow some money from someone and pay him today! When I said that I should blog about their rudeness and they horse laughed me!

SETFCustomer Experience

Dec 15, 2011 #391593 Tega Cay, South Carolina

Dear Mr. Smith,
I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please give me a call if I can be of assistance.

T Smith

Dec 14, 2011 #391024

Why does it take anyone 48-72 hours to "review" paperwork and put it in a computer AFTER receiving money owed. I have told every one that I know about how horrible this company is. Like another complaint I read earlier..I too will never ever buy another Toyota after this experience EVER!!!!

T Smith

Dec 14, 2011 #391021

I had my car repoed on Thursday over two late payments that I called them about in August 2011. I was told when I paid the money that I would have the car release. I paid the money on Monday, sent all requested information on Monday and I AM STILL GETTING THE RUN AROUND AND STILL NO CAR!!!!! This has been the worst experience with ANY company I have EVER had in my entire life. :( :( :( :( :cry

SETFCustomerExperience

Dec 12, 2011 #389689 Tega Cay, South Carolina

Dear Mr. Otero,
We have pulled the calls relating to your account. Please give me a call at your convenience if you would like to discuss this matter.
Terry Kaufman
Director
251-639-7765

Jason Otero

Dec 11, 2011 #389381

I have email confirmation that I advised them of late payment. I got a call today, Sunday at 4:45p from a woman with a DISGUSTING attitude. She asked me why I was late on my payment when I advised of the late payment notification. I asked if Toyota needed to come get their vehicle as we have been with SETF for OVER A YEAR and have made 2 late payments TOTAL. This is ridiculous and Any company that harrasses their customers like this and allows RUDE customer service agents to be their front line is NOT one I want to deal with. I will make this payment and consider trading it in for another brand. I never had this problem with HONDA! Buyer beware!!!

RAMIE

Feb 20 #948499 Orlando, Florida

worst finance company ever they repoed my vehicle (when I only owed 809) then they refused to take my payment for the 809 and told me you have 10 days to pay off vehicle (9000) or we will send it to auction now im stuck with no car bad credit and no way to get to work HORRIBLE COMPANY I will be complaining to toyota

Jeff

Dec 09, 2011 #388232

Wow, glad I'm not the only one that's had problems with SETF. I've had my last two cars leased through them and they've both been nightmares. I love Toyota, but I've had to resort to driving a Mitsubishi because I refuse to ever deal with SETF again.

1-20 of 68 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.